As Backend Developer at Brocc you get to work in a collaborative and innovative team with high ambitions in a fun a vibrant fintech company. We are constantly looking to develop our tech platform and challenge the idea of financial services. Join us!
Brocc is a fast-growing fintech platform on an exciting journey ahead. We are taking our platform to the Nordic consumers as the nr 1 option for savings on credits, deposits, and financial consolidation. We offer our core products including savings accounts and consumer loans in a unified user experience that transforms financial commodities into value added products.
Our strategy is based on offering the best interest rates and help customers realize their full savings potential. Seven years of investment has put Brocc in a unique position to really disrupt consumer finance by empowering customers to make smart financial choices that improve their lives.
We put tons of passion, energy and team spirit into our everyday work - building solutions for the future. We challenge the idea of what financial services means for our customers and think of new ways of delivering value.
About the job
As a Backend Developer at Brocc, your responsibilities will include development of internal applications. You will be able to be creative, work closely with your colleagues and also be given development opportunities and great freedom combined with responsibility. You will be part of a small but close knit team with drive to collaborate and bring the projects forward. This position is located in our office in Stockholm.
Brocc is an employer where you are given both time and opportunity to get an outlet for your creative ability. At Brocc, we attach great importance to personal qualities and appreciate positive and energetic team players who gladly shares their ideas and knowledge to colleagues.
Most importantly, you bring your own ambition and dedication to be a part of our exciting journey ahead. Further, we believe that you have;
- 3+ years of work experience as a Backend Developer
- an academic degree in computer science or similar
- a great passion for programming
- experience of working with an agile approach
- a pragmatic approach to solving problems at hand
- fluency in English in speaking and writing
More about the technical requirements:
- Strong knowledge in object oriented programming in PHP or Java
- Professional experience working with Laravel or Symfony
- Understanding of common design patterns
- Experience working with SQL databases, preferably MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind scalable applications
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience developing and documenting restful APIs
Good to know and considered a merit:
- AWS, or equivalent cloud services such as GCP or Azure.
- Unit testing
- In-memory caching
About the offer
At Brocc, you will work in a collaborative and multi-disciplinary environment with encouraging leaders and endless possibilities to learn and grow. We encourage you to be curious and allow you to learn from your mistakes. Our success lies within what makes us unique; the people at Brocc.
Brocc offers flexible working conditions and attractive headquarters on a premier location in Stockholm. We arrange regular workshops, social events and enjoy having fun with our colleagues. This is an important part of our culture, as well as being committed to our work and supportive to our team. We have competitive compensation and generous benefits to all our employees. In addition, Brocc has solid investors and a profitable business model.
In this recruitment process, psychometric tests and background checks may apply.
We look forward to your application!